Sunday 15 January 2012

Starting exercise tips

Here are some of the things that made starting exercise easier and more exciting for me. Thanks to Steve for his help with these! :D

Start small - It's more important to do something regularly than "how much" you do! Create a habit and you will soon start to enjoy it! Your body will strengthen what it needs to strengthen to support what you doing. As you lose weight you can go further and faster.

Find something fun - I started cycling because I wanted to do some Mountain Biking cause it looked fun, crazy and would get me closer to nature, that spawned a love for all cycling, road and mountain bike. I do about 150 - 200 I'm a week on a bike now.

Set challenges - the thing driving my running at the moment is that I have set the challenge to run a marathon. On the road to running a marathon I have set smaller challenges. Set and done a 5km, in march I'm doing 10km as part of a Duathlon, 10km run, 40km cycle, 5pm run. In May I'm doing a half marathon. Next year I will run a marathon. I didn't start enjoying running, but because I want to succeed my challenge, I kept at it, and now I love it and can't wait to run faster and further!

Hope this helps you get off your butt and get out there in the fresh air and get fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment