Sunday 22 May 2011

Diet Cheating alert!

Yesterday I got home from my walk and was exhausted! Not only had just finished walking 12 km, but I woke up at 1am to deal with a work emergency, and didn't get back to bed till about 4:30am and still got up at 7am, so was sorely lacking a good nights rest!

So I made a quick fruit breakfast, had a hot bath and went and lay on the couch watching some Starcraft 2 VODs. Needless to say I was asleep in about 5 minutes! At a little after 3pm The phone wakes me up again! This time it's Karen who is racing home from Derby because the wedding we were goignt o next weekend, is in fact starting in 2 hours! Initially I think this is a practical joke, but soon realise from her tone, that she is very serious! So I stumble up stairs get dressed, look up the address on the internet and get the sat nav ready. Completely forget the fact that I have not had lunch!

Needless to say when the food hit the tables, I was 1 of the first in line. So I start with some green salad, a healthy scoop of potato salad (not Slimming World friendly), some pasta salad (also not Slimming World friendly ..... Syns starting to add up here!!) and go sit down and eat. Unfortunately, my appetite is far from satisfied, and I don't want to look like too big a pig by goign for seconds before most people have gone for firsts.... so I wait a while.

By the time I think it's safe to go get some more food, all the salads are finished and the only thing left out is some Burgers! Now....while these burgers were flame grilled, they were definitely not Slimming World friendly, and the white bun was not helpign it's cause either. But this fat guy's body was crying out for food. So I gave in and had a burger. Then later another! By now I'm starting to worry that I'm destroying my diet here in 1 night! But that didn't stop me having a piece of choclate mousse cake, or was it choclate cheesecake? Either way it's not even worth refering ot Slimming World at this point!

The weird thing though, is I think my body has now got so used to healthy food, that with all the fats and white bread I ate, my body was still saying "Feeeedddd meeee!!". On the way home we stopped at some Services to get Karen a drink, and bought me some Lean chilli flavoured Chicken breast slices from M&S.....Instantly my body thanked me and my hunger was satisfied!

Anyway! Cheat over! We had a lovely time at the Wedding Celebration! Congrats again to Teri and Dave! 2 wonderful people in a wonderful union!

3 comments:

  1. It wasn't cheat at all Duane. Part of following the Slimming World plan is allowing ourselves the occasional *flexi syn day * to cater for occasions such as weddings etc where we have no control over the food provided for us and to help prevent any feelings of guilt . Tell yourself yesterday was a flexi day ;-)Get back on track today and fill up on SS & SF foods .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't know...I dont think I have enough Syns left over in this week to make up for the Syns that meal must have added. :P

    But thanks as always for the positivity! I have put it behind me and looking forward, just thought it would be easier to deal with the guilt if I owned up to it first, then moved on! See you tomorrow where the scales will no doubt announce to group all about my Saturday night! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acknowleding , accepting and letting go .............. you've got it Duane !!!!

    ReplyDelete