Sunday 3 July 2011

Breakfast

I have lived the last 15 - 20 years of my Fattening up life either skipping breakfast, or using it as an excuse to have a MASSIVE fatty Fry up (4 slices of toast, Bacon, eggs, beans, tomatos, onions, mushrooms all fried in lavish amounts of oil). When I skip breakfast I would normally have usual Lunch and Dinner and then be hungry again at about 10pm or midnight, and eat my 3rd meal of the day then....just before bed!

Since joining Slimming world, I start every morning with a Hi-Fi Bar, then exercise, then 99% of the time I have Melon, Banana and 1 other fruit which varies between: Mango, Pinapple, Orange, Cherries, Plum, Peach or Grapes. Topped with a Fat Free Activia Flavoured Yogurt. Very rarely I make a SW Fry Up (Beans, lean bacon, fried/boiled eggs, tomato and Oinion and maybe some mushrooms, all fried in frylight).

I beleive this has been 1 of the secrets of my success so far for a number of reasons:
1. The Hi-Fi bar gives me some carbs which wake my metabolism up and get it started for the day. This was something the NHS Nutritionist suggested to me and has been working very well. Small carb portions at each meal rather than no carbs, as it's carbs that fuel you metabolism.
2. Fruit fills me, tastes great and keeps me going till Lunch.
3. Eating early, somehow, stops me from eating late! I don't get hungry at 10 pm or midnight anymore. I can't explain it, maybe someone who understands more about the body (or is it the mind? :P) and nutrition can.

So Breakfast truely is the MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY!
Never forget it!
Never underestimate it!
And, have a good one to set the pace for your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment