Friday 18 February 2011

Friday night supper

Tonight I decided to make my own supper. It's not a first, but it not a every day thing, especially since I started the diet. I normally want to put in sauces and chutneys and olive oil and nice tasting stuff like that! I'm not sure how well the photo is going to come out, but the supper was great!

As part of this week's efforts to lose more weight than previous weeks I am eating "Super Slimming" foods. One of them being cod. And one of my favourite ways to eat fish is how my dad used to cook fish for us. A big selection of various flavours of grilled fish in foil. Anyone who has ever had fish supper with my dad will know exactly what I'm talking about and no doubt agree that trying to compete with my dads fish supper is a wasted effort, but I gave it my best go and kept it a FREE supper!

So I had 4 pieces of Cod that needed some Jazzing up. Spice drawer here I come.

Firstly I did a Ground black pepper and Lemon Fish.
Then I did a Quark and spring onion with a dash of lemon, though I think the lemon may have been a bad choice to add to that 1.
Third fish I tried something Ive never had or even heard of and grabbed the Mustard! (Oh...so not completely free of Syns, add 1 for the Mustard) A bit of Lemon to go with it and some more Ground black pepper.
The last 1 was the 1 that was always going to be made....Paprika and Cayenne pepper with a little red and yellow pepper.

As the fish went in I poured some boiling water into the Mediterranean Cous Cous, and while soaked up the water and the fish cooked I threw together a Tomato and Onion Salad/Salsa, vaguely reminiscent of Sister Carol Clarke's Tomato and Onion Salads (Yum)!

The Cous Cous turned out to be way too much, but the fish never stood a chance as I gobbled it all up flake by flake! My favourite was probably the mustard one, closely followed by the Paprika and Cayenne. The Quark actually turned out much better than I thought it would (it was a bit of an experiment. I would have done cheddar, but unfortunately i used my Cheese Healthy Extra on my lunch this afternoon, so Free Quark was my best option) Sadly I think the Lemon and black pepper was desperately missing their best friend Mr Butter! :( I may suffer some Syns next time and put some butter in with the Lemon Fish.

3 comments:

  1. mmmm looks lovely pity I was at ladies night ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspirational doll!! gonna try the mustard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep it up mate........1 day at a time........p.s remember your dads fish meals fondly!!!
    Camo

    ReplyDelete