Thursday 17 February 2011

Mini target

I must be honest, I'm starting to worry about this mini target that I set on Monday, to lose 5lbs. I aimed higher than I have lost in the previous 2 weeks to try push myself, but now after 3 more days, almost half way through the week, I'm seriously starting to doubt that I'm going to make that target!

Is it a good thing or bad thing to set your targets high and risk disappointment?

Would it be better to take the laid back approach of just seeing how it goes and not committing to anything other than sticking to it and seeing where it takes me.

The 2 things I'm doing to try have a better week, is firstly bought some Super Slimmer fruits, and plan to get some fish in before Monday. :p and secondly started swimming again. But is it going to be enough? It doesn't feel any better than last week.

Maybe I should fast from Sunday night to weigh in! :p hehe Unfortunately I don't think that's going to help my next week much.

Anyway, if any of you out there with some advice on the topic, let me have it! And if any of you out there are the praying type, remember me in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Duane,
    just wanted to say keep looking forwards mate. I've read your blogs and you have such a good goal to aim at with the flying back "home" and that is all you should think of in the hard times. I am about 2 stone lighter than when you last saw me and although I am not following a slimming world or other plan. I am basically taking the low fat options. I have found that you will lose weight easily for six to eight weeks and then the body will fight back thinking it's in a desert or something. Your losses will get less and this is when you need your mental strength to realise that this is a long term thing and you will get there in the end. Just stick to the plan. Any exercise will help (and allow you to eat a little more as well) and swimming is just about the best as it works all muscle groups and is non impact.
    I have another stone to go and am just taking it one day at a time. I may go up and down if I have a bad day or night, but I know that I will get there some time soon and my body is feeling better no matter what. I have even played football again on Sunday mornings in the same team as my kids (I'm 45) and managed to get through whole games.
    I know my weight is not the same as yours and everyone's journey is going to be a little different to yours but they all progress one day at a time. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ian. Great job on the 2 stone!

    ReplyDelete