Saturday 5 March 2011

Eating out

I love how easy it is to eat out on this diet if you jut think about what you eating! Last night was a colleague from work's leaving dinner, and we went out to this really nice restaurant in Leeds. After previous trips to a restuarnt while ont his diet, that went fairly well, I was confident I was goign to find something tasty, suitable and mostly Free! There we a lot of great sounding Creamy pasta's that I may have tried before, but I would guess the Syn's counts would have been crazy! There were some tempting Fish options, but the Fillet Steak was by far the most appealing, and easiest to Syn up since i didn't have to guess too much at the ingredients. Sure I'm risking some Syns on the preparation, but I'm trying to count what I can, and I eat so few syns every other day, 1 day a little risky for a great night out is worth it!

Succulent Medium Rare Fillet Steak = Free
Grilled Cherry Tomato's on the Vine = Free
EV Olive Oil Drizzled Soft New Potatoes = 2 Syns
Creamy Peppercorn Sauce = 3 Syns
Best Fillet Steak meal of your life = Priceless

hehe. Seriously though, so I used some syns on some fat in the olive oil the chef felt was necessary to drizzle on the new potatoes AFTER they were cooked, and a few more syns on a great creamy peppercorn sauce...But the steak was nice and lean and was unbelievably tender..."Melt in your mouth"!

No comments:

Post a Comment