Sunday 17 April 2011

Active Week

This week has been particularly active and I'm feeling great!

Firstly the passive things: with Karen being away, I've been doing all the Caring for Pets, Cleaning, Cooking, Dishes, Dressing Kaydee, Shopping, Tidying & Washing. I'd love to be able to count the extra calories burned with all those daily activities.

I wanted to walk the kids to & from school every day, but at least half the time I was running late so had to dash in the car. That did mean though about half the time I was doing some extra walking to & from school.

A nice active visit to the park with Kaydee on Friday after school before the boys were home. She had me running her up and chasing her down on the zip line. I didn't get as much "swing-pushing" exercise as I thought, since she was getting a bit dizzy.

And looking back ont he week, I would have thought that all that extra activity would have SLAMMED ME, but it seemed to have the oppisite effect and kind of encouraged me to walk MORE. I managed to walk 26.3km this week. My total for all previous weeks was 30.7. So I nearly managed to walk as much as the previous 7 weeks together, and twice as far as I did last week!

Yesterday was the furthest walk yet at 8.3km (not including the approx 0.5km that the GPS tracking paused.) It's was however a touch too far. The last 2km were a real strain and my feet felt like they were going to split open. However, after a hot soak, good meal and a bit of rest last night, I feel fantastic again this morning, and were it not Sunday (my rest day for exercise and religious reasons) I would easily go out and kill another 4 or 6km!

No comments:

Post a Comment