Monday 25 April 2011

Walking stats for last week

Despite my Tuesday afternoon "puncture" on my right heel, which is still healing...thanx to some heavy strapping, and later in the week some extra padding on the foot, I was still able to walk all week, and even get some pretty decent distances.

I found a great route past Keenen's school. Total distance is about 8km.

Total for last week was 40.9km! Obviously a new weekly high. I ended the week on Saturday with a extra long walk that finished at just under 12km. It feels amazing to be able to walk these distances.

This week the distance will probably be much the same, possibly a little further if I keep the 8km distance up every day. However this weeks focus is on PACE!

Today got me off to a good start where I got my average pace to 10.5 min/km over the 8km distance. I was pretty tired at the end, but it felt great to be able to push myself to that PACE for 8km. I wonder if 10 min/km is achievable this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment