Saturday 9 April 2011

Awesome Walk today!

I had an awesome walk this morning! Saturday is meant to be my "slow-walk-double-distance-day", but wasn't sure where to walk or how long it was going to end up being and Thursday and Friday had already been double distance. I started with my usual Graveyard walk, with a slight ZigZag to get a little more distance.

As I was walking out the second graveyard I was still feeling really good, so I made a split second decision to walk through the little suburb next to the graveyard for a short loop that would give me some more distance.

At the end of the loop I was on about 2.4km and still feeling great, so I thought I would add another road to my list of roads I've walked, and crossed the road to the school, thinking it was only a short detour. In fact I was walking further way from home at that point! I must have added as least an extra 1.5km walking that route.

It was a nice long walk, 4.4km, although possibly a little further than i should have done today. At about 3,5km to go my dogs were barking from these stupid walking boots where the back of the heal is worn and hard. I didn't have back ache like I've had in the past, but the back muscles were feeling a little tender. I wasn't out of breath really even though I had been walking a fairly decent pace that averaged out to 12.5 min/km, which is really about the pace I walk most mornings anyway. It took about 55 minutes. Here is a link to see the route, distance, etc on my RunKeeper profile. I think I'll do that route again next Saturday! :)

Because my heals were hurting in those old walking boots, I decided to go buy myself a decent pair of trainers. I opted for some running shoes in the end because they were the most comfortable, were light and mostly because I'm hoping to start running some time later this year hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. I really admire the courage you have shown, not only in commiting to losing weight but by being so public about it - that takes a lot - Well done and keep going

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lesleigh. The day I thought of doing this, I did think long and hard, and contemplated just how much pressure this would put on me. It was a tough decision to make, but in the end, I think it was a good decision. I tend to work better under pressure, and I think this blog and linking to it on Facebook for all my family, friends, work mates, old school friends all to see the ups and downs, is definitely helping keep me motivated.

    Some people may think I'm doing this out of pride or self gratification ...... let me tell you there is NO pride involved in posting your weight when it's this high. Or posting the Body Pics I posted today on the Photo's page! No Pride at all! Only a desire to keep myself motivated.

    I appreciate all the positive comments too. They help a lot. Mostly though they help pile on the pressure (which is good). All these people complimenting me on how well I'm doing...I DONT WANT TO LET THEM DOWN BY FAILING!! hehe

    ReplyDelete