Saturday 2 April 2011

New swim distance record :)

I'm being a busy boy today! After my 2pm walk this morning, I've come to the leisure centre for my second swim of the week and just swam 1km.

Sine there is not much else to do while swimming in a boring old leisure centre, I always count the lengths I do. Recently I started Dillon in the nots on RunKeeper the number of lengths I'm swimming, then keep a constant tally of how far I'm swimming. I did 600m on Tuesday which is approximately what I normally swim.

Today it was general swim which means they section off 5m of the shallow end for the "non-swimmers to swim in, which made the big part of the pool 20m. I was feeling really good today, and with fewer breaks, I reached my 600m a lot sooner than I normally do. Since I still had time and wasn't really tired I thought I would see if I could hut a nice round 1km swim. I breezed it, even finishing with 2 fast crawl lengths!

It feels great to be progressing with my fitness and reaching new milestones regularly! Bring on the English Channel is 2 years time!! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment