Saturday 2 April 2011

Walk through the Graveyard

I didn't walk yesterday morning as it was the 1st, which means end of the month reports starting at 7am. So instead I went for my walk in the evening. Since there was no rush to finish I thought I would take a slightly longer walk and headed for the graveyard. Unfortunately when I got to the entrance it was closed, so I walked up the footpath next to the 2 graveyards leading to the next estate/mini suburb, an for the first time realised that the graveyard to my right was actually fairly big! The round trip for the walk was 1.18km, and I felt great when I got back!

So this morning once I eventually dragged myself out of a lazy morning in bed, I put on my walking boots, and headed for the graveyard again. This morning the graveyard was open and I decided to go have a look what the far side of the graveyard looked liked. I walked all the way round the outside of the graveyard. I saw some graves for some people who "Died in Action in France". Wow! I didn't think I would see anything quite that interesting! Also, I'm not sure what today is, but the graveyard seemed to be a hive of activity. Is it like this every Saturday morning?

Some how the app on my phone pauses itself , so I lost a little distance and time, and somehow managed to teleport myself to a different place in the graveyard! :p

Anyway, it was twice as far as I was meant to walk today, but I really wanted to have a look at the graveyard. My total recorded distance was 2km! It took me 26 minutes to do the trip. I really enjoyed it, and I'm hoping I can fit this walk in to my schedule every day soon.

I felt a little tried after but my back was fine the while walk. My calves were complaining about half way, but they eventually walked up and felt great at the end o the walk!

Thank you Steve for taking it upon yourself to appoint yourself as my personal trainer! The last month and a bit has already had a dramatic effect on my life, body and fitness! As my personal trainer though, you have automatically signed yourself up for whichever physical challenge I choose to do at the end of this all! No "going-back-sies"!! (Make sure you fix the vote for your preference! :p)

No comments:

Post a Comment